310 Benchtop Autoclavable Bioreactor
- 14 Liters Total Volume)
Video: Critical Considerations for Selecting
or Bioreactor Vendor
Packed With Power to Regulate One to Four Vessels From a Single Touchscreen Controller
Introducing the CelliGen 310 - an advanced new benchtop bioreactor based on the CelliGen Plus, with advanced new touchscreen controller for enhanced performance.This powerful system can regulate up to 32 parameters each, in one to four vessels. Over 120 parameters total. So, you can now easily integrate and control your own analyzers, pumps, sensors and other ancillary devices directly from the CelliGen 310?bioreactor. A user-friendly touchscreen controller integrates it all, simplifying setup and operation.
Powerful Bioreactor Has it All
- Compact design - smallest footprint of any benchtop bioreactor.
- cGMP-compliant to meet your requirements in research through production.
- Batch, fed-batch & continuous modes for growing high-density cultures of mammalian, insect & plant cells.
- For secreted products, a patented packed-bed basket option is available to maximize cell productivity regardless of cell type.
- Fully-integrated system is ready for out-of-the box startup. Includes a Master Control Station with built-in controller, touchscreen monitor, pumps and thermal mass flow controller with 4-gas control. Vessel, pH/DO/and level/foam probes, hoses, sterile sampler & more are included.
ADVANCED FEATURES OF FIBROUS-BED BASKET
- NBS' packed-bed basket option produces high yields of secreted products from all types of animal cells - both anchorage-dependent and suspension cultures.
- Eliminates need for microcarriers with anchorage-dependent cells.
- Entrapped cells avoid shear from impellers, gas bubbles and pumps.
- Cell entrapment allows higher mixing speeds, increasing mass transfer of nutrients and oxygen.
- Capable of continuous measurement of oxygen uptake rate for real-time cellmass determination.
- Secreted products are automatically separated from cells in perfusion, eliminating filtration and membrane fouling.
- Reduces lag phase by promoting rapid adherence of cells on fibrous disks.
- Long production runs maintained to increase productivity.
- Simplified scale-up from 2.2 liters to large-scale production systems.
- FibraCel® disks provide high surface-to-volume ratio achieving large effective growth area.
Production of Cellmass with a Choice of Impellers
- Spin Filter with impeller for suspension or anchorage-dependent cells in perfusion.
- Patented double-screen Cell-Lift impeller for low shear and high oxygenation maximizes yields in microcarrier and suspension cultures. Outer screen shown partially retracted, can be removed for certain suspension cultures. If foam accumulates it coalesces in the screened-in foam-inhibitor chamber at top of impeller and dissipates when forced through the screen's pores.
- Patented low shear Draft-Tube Basket Impeller (basket not shown) increases OTR in fibrous-bed cultures.
- Pitched Blade Impeller for high aeration and low shear in insect and other cell cultures.
- Marine Blade Impeller for the growth of insect cells and other cultures.
When cellmass is the desired end-product two patented impellers may be employed as options. For anchorage-dependent cells growing on microcarriers, a double-screen Cell-Lift Impeller can be employed. This low shear gas-exchange impeller increases oxygen transfer rates at very low stirring speeds. A marine blade or pitched blade impeller can also be utilized for these applications.
Use of a double-screen impeller creates an inner cell-free aeration chamber containing a ring sparger. Cells and microcarriers are too large to pass through the screen and are kept outside, protected from shear forces. Only the culture medium can flow freely to and from the aeration chamber where high volumes of gas are absorbed by the medium and transferred to the culture.
High cell densities may be achieved with a myriad of suspension cultures using the double-screen Cell-Lift Impeller. This impeller improves aeration for the growth of such cell lines as hybridoma, insect, lymphocytes and HeLa cells. The screen used in NBS impellers are easily removable, resterilizable and replaceable. A gas overlay port is also supplied for surface aeration.
PERFUSION IN THE CELLIGEN 310
Secreted Products click photo to enlarge
Cell Mass - Anchorage Dependent click photo to enlarge
Cell Mass -
click photo to enlarge
Fibrous-bed basket cells are grown on polyester disks where secreted products are automatically separated from entrapped cells, eliminating the need for filtration of cells from the spent medium.
Hollow fiber cells may be separated from the spent medium by a tangential-flow hollow fiber cartridge that returns cells to the bioreactor and transfers spent medium to the Product Reservoir.
Decanting column microcarriers are separated from the harvested product in a decanting column that allows the heavy microcarriers to settle out and return to the bioreactor where cells continue to grow.
Advanced Touchscreen Controller Simplifies Operation
- Large 15" touchscreen clearly displays all setpoints, current values, cascade loops and more. Display screens are straightforward and easy to navigate.
- Integrate up to ten of your sensors, scales, analyzers or other external devices for process optimization.
- User-customizable trend graphs make it easy to track and export data. Trends up to 8 loops simultaneously.
- Built in flexibility to customize all your PI values, or select factory defaults.
- Save up to 10 of your recipes per fermentor for repeat usage.
- View total pump flow rate; and easily calibrate pumps via touchscreen.
Available in Four Sizes With Multiple Options.
- Interchangeable, autoclavable glass vessels are available in four sizes. 2.2, 5.0,?7.5 and 14.0 liters, total volume.
- Pre-configured packages simplify ordering.
- Customize by selecting from our wide range of options. Add multiple mass flow controllers, Redox probe, a second pH or DO probe, BioCommand® supervisory software & more. Validation & training packages are available.
Packed with power to regulate one to four bioreactors from a single controller!
Full featured, compact in size, easy to operate and fully scalable, the CelliGen 310 offers the most value and versatility in its price class